Thursday, November 17, 2016

Keebler Pumpkin Mousse Pie


I am excited to share this recipe with all of you this evening! I thought since Thanksgiving is a week away this would be a great one to try!  I found this goody on the back of the Keebler Ready Crust wrapper when I was making a cherry cheesecake months ago. It has sat in my shoe box gathering dust since the day I decided the Key Lime Pie recipe looked good and "I will keep this and make it for Gary, (Gary is my husband and he LOVES a good key lime pie.) They say its the thought that counts and that Key Lime certainly was a fleeting one at that!

So, below are the recipes for Pumpkin Mousse Pie and Five Minute Key Lime Pie! Today we will be doing the Pumpkin Mousse!

Would you look at that prep time (10 mins) another simple recipe my friends! YAY for simple! The ingredients are as follows:

1/2 cup cold fat-free milk
1 Tbls pumpkin spice
1 Cup canned Pumpkin
1 Package vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
1 tub 8oz Whip Cream
1 Keebler Ready Crust Graham pie crust

 Directions
 1.) In large bowl whisk together milk and spice. Add Pumpkin. Stir until combined. Add Pudding mix. Beat with whisk for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in half of the cool whip. Spread in crust

Whisk Milk and Spice
Add 1 Cup pumpkin and Whisk 1 1/2 Minute
Add pudding
Add half the cool whip and stir


Spread in the crust
2.) Top with the remaining Cool Whip

Not very pretty but I am thinking it will be YUMMY!
3.) Garnish as desired and refrigerate for 3 hours.

I chose Hershey chocolate for my Garnish

Is this a thumbs up family friendly dessert, just ok, or a thumbs downer, "no way Jose!" We shall see when our three hours are up......
So, while we are waiting I just want to show you a few more goodies I found today while making this one simple dessert.
and...

5 more recipes to add to my box, yay! I can't wait to try them!!! Hopefully sooner other than later


AND THE VERDICT IS IN: THE FAMILY HAS SPOKEN

DRUM ROLL...................................................................................................

OK, PUPPY WANTED TO BE INCLUDED... NO PIE FOR PUPPY BUT LOOK HOW CUTE SHE IS!!!!!!!!
AREN'T THEY JUST THE CUTEST?



 THE CRITICS SAY:

Two thumbs up from the kiddo's and one big fat NO from the BOSS! Quote: "Too much spice for me. I may eat it again if it didn't have as much pie spice." 

So, there ya have it folks, the family has spoken! Keebler Pumpkin Mousse Pie is a HIT with the kiddo's and not so big a HIT with daddy'O! 

I would also have to say it was a little too much spice for me. I would cut the pie spice in half and try it again 



Don't forget to check back tomorrow night for Gary's special Frito Burritos! You don't want to miss this one!


1 comment:

  1. omg thank you for this! I have searched high and low for this. my mom used to make this all the time. her pumpkin pie/mousse was always different than any other ive tasted. I only remember it being on the back of a keebler package. I can't wait to surprise her with this!

    ReplyDelete