Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Minute Rice Mexican Chicken & Rice Dinner


Happy Wednesday! Oh my gosh, I am so excited to start this journey with all of you. I thought I would start off sharing this pic so you can understand the main reason I wanted to start this blog in the first place. I have tons and tons of recipe books, and over time I have collected recipes off of products that I use everyday.
The problem is, I have collected these recipes and have not tried most of them. I thought I could use this blog to help me get started and that this would be a good place to organize them and keep track of whether they are something that my family LOVED or LOATHED! I don't know about you, but I have so many recipes I have tried over the years but I can't keep track of which ones were keepers and which ones were NOT!

Today I am sharing a recipe that I cut off the back of a Minute Rice box. It sounded easy, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that idea, and I had the ingredients on hand, which made it even more appealing.

Mexican Chicken & Rice Dinner

1 Tbsp Oil
4 Small Chicken Breasts
1 Medium each Green pepper and Red pepper
2 Cups Water
1 Cup, Thick and Chunky Salsa
2 Cups White Minute Rice, uncooked
1 10oz package frozen corn
1/2 Cup shredded cheddar cheese




As you can see this came with two recipes. We will save the Terriyaki Shrimp stir fry for another night. We will do the one I feel is more family friendly tonight. Here is a closer view of the Mexican Chicken and Rice

Will you look at that Prep time and Cook time? It really was a simple meal to make, if you look, there are only 3 easy steps and then you have dinner for the whole family. When I say whole family, I am thinking I had enough to feed about 7. The servings shown here say 4, but we had left overs and there are currently 4 of us at home.

For step one I browned my chicken and peppers in 1 Tbsp of oil. After you brown the chicken and peppers you remove them from the skillet to be added again in a few.

If you look at step 2, you then add your 2 cups of water and 1 cup of thick and chunky salsa to the skillet and bring to a boil.
Once this boils you add your Minute White Rice, 2 Cups uncooked, and 1 10 OZ bag frozen corn. You will then add your chicken mixture back in and sprinkle with cheese!
This will then simmer until your rice is tender, and VOLIA! There you have it, Minute Rice Mexican Chicken & Rice Dinner. 

The big question remains, DID TEDDY LIKE IT! 

FIRST REACTION! HUH, THIS SMELLS GOOD BUT DOESN'T LOOKS SO GOOD
+
I THINK I WILL EAT MY BREAD AND BUTTER FIRST
 
OK, LETS GET THIS OVER WITH!



AND THE VERDICT IS IN.....

Teddy has decided that this dish wasn't too bad and that it is a Family Friendly choice!!

There ya have it folks, the Critic has spoken!! Thanks for stopping by, check us out again tomorrow for another surprise recipe!!




No comments:

Post a Comment